Skip to content

General feedback for InqScribe

Welcome to our feedback forum. What do you want to do with InqScribe? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. Have customizable timecodes so that changes to code can be made within a transcript

This would allow timecodes to be changed within a transcript for Video Rushes which were filmed using TOD (time of day) with camera breaks causing breaks in the timecode.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  time code  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Alex Underwood responded

Thanks for writing the request. We actually have 2 ways for users to adjust time codes. You can adjust the overall start time of a transcript, or adjust a set of specified time codes. More in our User Guide here: http://docs.inqscribe.com/2.2/transcriptiontips.html#adjusting

Discontinuous timecodes are a tricky subject, which we try to address in the following article: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/18059-does-inqscribe-support-discontinuous-timecodes

With that said, if you are interested in discontinuous timecode support, feel free to vote for them here: http://support.inqscribe.com/forums/4206-general-feedback-for-inqscribe/suggestions/4025835-discontinuous-timecode-support

2. add a negative time offset to timestamps

When tapping out a piece of media with the insert timecode shortcut, it would be really helpful if you could do a negative offset on that timecode stamp, i.e. - i hit the shortcut at 1h0m10s0f, and my offset option is -6, so the stamp inserted would be 1h0m4s0f.

Many times when working with timecode, you want the program to set you up so that you can give yourself a second or two to get your timing right, rather then the TC mark being right on the event, which make you have to edit the TC stamp, or rewind quite…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  time code  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. What about voice dictation

I would like very much to be able, easy as possible to watch a film or audio track and just comment it with my voice that then become a written text with TC positions, for any kind of analyzes ...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in the request. Since InqScribe uses a plain text for its transcripts, you should be able to use InqScribe in conjunction with speech-to-text software. We’ve actually done some testing with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, which you can read about on our blog here: http://blogs.inquirium.net/inqscribe/2014/09/creating-a-transcript-with-inqscribe-and-dragon-naturallyspeaking/

So, you can use InqScribe with voice dictation technologies. However, the accuracy and language support of the dictation will be outside of our control.

4. Allow formatting compatible w/ trial presentation products

Some trial presentation software requires transcript formatting that limits the number of characters per line, followed by a LF/CR.

It would be great to have a feature that automatically inserts a LF/CR after a certain number of characters, and also inserts the timestamp at the start of the new line.

Sample Requirements:

Files must be of a generic ASCII format.
    Each line of text should end with a carriage return and then a line feed
    No lines may be longer than 70 characters (NOT counting valid time stamps, leading spaces
    and trailing spaces).
    All lines in the body of the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request. Since a number of our users work in legal transcription, it’s helpful to learn about your workflow.

You can actually use InqScribe’s “snippets” to quickly insert new lines, timecodes, and speaker names. Learn how in our Knowledge Base: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/171934-can-i-automatically-insert-timecodes-at-regular-ti

You might also be interested in the following method to control the number of characters per line: http://support.inqscribe.com/knowledgebase/articles/180460-how-do-i-set-a-character-limit-while-transcribing

5. Solid Cursor on Movement!

When I'm holding down the cursor key (usually left to pick up something I missed on a rewind) to move to a part in the text, the cursor disappears leaving you to guess it's position. In Word, when you hold the cursor key, the cursor goes solid instead of blinking so you can see it move as you hold the key. I'm not sure if this is something you can change in your programming, or if you're using a library for the editor, but it's really annoying! Other than that, I'm loving this software! (Running on a 2008 Summer MacBook…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. have a free download player for a inqscribe transcript

a free player that you can send to clients to play a inqscribe transcript outside of the program, This can be very useful in the legal profession.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please support XMF files

Im working with XMF files and your program doesnt support it please help!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adjust timecodes directly in the transcript window

To add or subtract a few frames or seconds from a timecode is too slow of a process with the Adjust Timecode menu item. Direct editing of timecodes is needed. (By the way, "Adjust selection only" should be checked by default, since that's far more common than changing all timecodes by the same amount)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  time code  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. mention this article in response to the question about converting LTC to track timecode: http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/26/auxtc-read

Was doing research on recording LTC on an alternate track and then converting it to the track's timecode. I ran across the question in your FAQ, and it seemed you didn't think such a tool existed. I found this software elsewhere in my search: http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/26/auxtc-reader Perhaps it will be helpful to you and your customers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. with the play rate instead of having to use your mouse

Yes as someone has mentioned allow your text to be exported in word, pages etc. Also with the play rate instead of having to use your mouse be able to 'select' the command and then use your front/back keys on your keyboard so it is more precise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion Richard. There is actually a way to control play rate with the arrow keys, using shortcuts:

To set this up in InqScribe, select “Edit > Edit Shortcuts.” From this menu, we’ll add 2 new shortcuts. For one, set the Trigger to to the right arrow key and the Command to “Change Play Rate.” You’ll have the option to select the rate of adjustment with the slider below (for fine tuning, you might set this to “0.1x”). Follow the same process for the second, left arrow key shortcut, setting the slider to a negative value.

After creating these shortcuts, you should be able to use arrow keys to speed up/slow down the media play rate. Thanks again for the feedback. We’ll consider adding the arrow keys as a default shortcut for controlling play rate.

Note: To express your support in a word export feature, cast your vote…

13. Can you have the rewind function temporarily rewind

Can you have the rewind function temporarily rewind until you remove your finger from the "Shortcut Key" of rewind and then it continues to play when you remove your finger?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is actually currently available in InqScribe. It’s called the “Review” command.

To enable it, create a new shortcut by selecting “Edit > Edit Shortcuts > Add.” Simply assign a trigger of your choice to the “Review” command and set the play rate according to how quickly you’d like the media to play backwards.

Note that the same style of command is also available for moving forwards- this is called “Cue.” For more about our available shortcut commands, head over to our User Guide: http://docs.inqscribe.com/2.2/keyboardshortcuts.html#actions

14. add the option to change the default font size.

Every time I open the program, I have to click Transcript > Transcript Settings > Size dropdown > 24. It would be nice if doing this once would keep the text that size on subsequent openings of the program (especially since I have an issue with the program crashing frequently when I change my shortcuts or snippets.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s actually already a way to change the default font size. Go into the “Edit > Options > New Document” menu and you’ll see the option to select your desired font and font size.

Regarding the frequent crashing, could you send more details to support@inqscribe.com? I believe you’ve already started an email thread with us on April 4th, so feel free to respond there.

-Alex Underwood, Community Manager

15. EBU Stl

Is there any way to export as an EBU STL file?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yep, InqScribe can export to the STL format. Select “File > Export > Spruce STL…” to create a new file. If you have any more questions, please email us at support@inqscribe.com. This section of our site is reserved for new feature requests. Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

General feedback for InqScribe

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base